Friday, August 04, 2006

Arthur Lee RIP

I am saddedend to hear about the death of Arthur Lee, who died yesterday, August 3, at the Methodist University Hospital in his hometown of Memphis after battling leukemia.
I will assume most who read my blog know and are educated about LOVE and Arthur Lee. If not, please DO check out the albums.
I went to see Arthur and LOVE perform "FOREVER CHANGES" at Town Hall, here in NYC a few years ago, with a horn and strings section. It was just incredible. The audience , myself included, were weeping from the beauty and power of the music. I really admired him, as cantakerous, and edgy as ever. It was so great how he was very concerned with NOW, and saw himself as a contemporary, and NOT an oldies act. I tell you, that concert was as fresh and contemporary as anything going on now, maybe even more! So, hats off and many continued thanks to Arthur Lee and LOVE for inspiration and beauty.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:23 PM

    KID;
    THIS IS GEORGY,QUE PASSANT?
    I JUST WANTED TO DROP YOU
    A LINE AND LET YOU KNOW
    THAT THE N.O. MUSICIANS CLINIC IS RE OPENED,THANK
    GOD,I JUST FOUND OUT+WILL
    CALL THEM MON.ITS BEEN A
    NIGHTMARE,BUT IM OK.THANKS
    A TON FOR PLAYING THE BENIFIT PS I WOULD REALLY
    LIKE TO GET A HOLD OF MARIA
    ZASTROW,THERE'S A LACK OF SWEETNESS IN MY LIFE.GEORGE REINECKE#504-473-8827

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:17 AM

    Hey Georgy
    there has always been sweetness in your life you have just been too blind to see it.
    Still looking for Maria. You never learn your lessons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog I eenjoyed reading

    ReplyDelete